Sunday, October 31, 2010

WHAT A WEEK!

Week 9 definitely packed a punch! It started off with a bang-3 tests on a Monday. UGH. And I'll just very briefly note that all 3 tests could have gone much smoother than they actually did. The bottom didn't necessarily fall out, but I was most certainly not pleased with my performances. It was fitting that the cruise ship was in the bay as I was leaving school-just to taunt me. And let me tell you, that day, it was even more tempting. I picked up my dresses for Kelly's wedding on my way home, and of course one of them just wasn't quite right...but it didn't help that I managed to forget my shoes and claim tickets on my way out of the house that morning. AWESOME. Tuesday held an unexpected 8 AM class and yet another test which went much better, followed by my brain just completely crapping out on me. I can't blame it though, we were exhausted. That was terribly unfortunate because I still had a large homework assignment due that evening and I had to pack my bags so Ryan could take them on to San Antonio to avoid having to check any bags with the airline later on. I'm still not sure how either of those actually got accomplished. Wednesday continued the excitement as Ryan headed out of town (and left me to hold down the fort by my lonesome...) and my cousin Ashley had her baby! Welcome baby Bodhi! Also, my Dad was in town for some business stuff, so I got to see him for dinner. Besides Ryan (DUH...), I haven't seen any family since we moved here in August, so it was really nice to get to visit with my dad. It really helped ground me again and kinda decompress, which, as you can clearly see, I could use a healthy helping of both. Thursday, I attended a luncheon to honor the donors of the scholarships to UTMB since I was a recipient of one of the awards, then headed to Katy after school to see Ashley. Yes, I love her. I drove from Galveston to Katy in rush hour traffic. If that isn't love, I don't know what is! Then Friday was the almost-big-day! I had class in the morning, then got myself to the airport (yes, I parked, got through security, boarded and all! All by myself! I'm a big kid now...). Once I landed, it was wedding weekend time! And that deserves a special post all its own. :)

Here's a picture of me with baby Bodhi...isn't he just adorable! Congrats again to the Slater Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment