Sunday, October 3, 2010

BEAUTIFUL PROGRESS

I actually had a moment this weekend, and I felt kinda, sorta, just a little accomplished! I made it through a few tests and other various assignments/presentations, and they haven't kicked me out yet! Haha Seriously, I've made it through week 5, so I'm 1/3 the way through my first semester. This week, I had a Clin Lab Methods exam, a presentation, met with the oncology society, Patho homework due, then had my Physical Diagnosis test. The exam, presentation, and meeting went well. We haven't gotten Patho grades back yet, and I know I went over the time limit in my physical exam test. Yall know me...I got distracted and was probably lolly-gagging with my patient. I don't imagine I'll have any big problems out of either of those 2 assessments, but it's just a matter of how badly my nerves got to me in my physical diagnosis. I can do the exam backwards and forwards on my friends or Ryan, but give me someone I don't know, and it's a whole new world. It will just take practice to get used to that feeling and to figure out how to portray my confidence...which is usually completely shot when I know the patient can feel my hands shaking uncontrollably when I take their blood pressure and pulses. EEK! Ya, so that's definitely a work in progress. So now, I actually get to catch up on some of my reading and homework assignments because this week I only have 2 tests, 1 other assignment due, and 1 meeting. Yippee! I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I'm actually kinda glad that we're so busy. Something would be wrong if I had free time, at least that's what Holly tells me :). Plus, it definitely makes time feel like it's just flying by. I mean, it's already October! It's hard to believe that my interview was only like 8 or 9 months ago. It's crazy how life can change so much in such little time. Wow, I'm pretty blessed, huh? Yup, I certainly am. On that note, goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment