Sunday, October 10, 2010

STRANGENESS

This week (Week 6) was really just weird, but I can't quite put my finger on why. Don't get me wrong, I was busy as usual, but it felt oddly slow! Assignments, studying, 2 tests, and a surgical society meeting. Plus I met with a few people outside of the normal studying time in order to prepare for the tests. And I was stressing because I hadn't received my physical exam grade and all the other groups had. Maybe it felt odd because most of the nights I actually got to go to sleep before midnight, who knows. As it turns out, I ended up getting my physical exam grade on Friday, and I was quite pleased with it. As for the 2 tests, I did well on one of them, maybe a little better than expected. The other one...I did just fine, but a few of the questions on the test caught me offguard somehow, so I didn't do as well as I would have liked. I ended up missing the ones I thought I'd miss, but I still wasn't necessarily pleased. The cruise ship was there as usual on Thursday, so that stirred up the usual resentment. And I was in a bit of a funk on Friday afternoon. I don't know, I was just in a foul mood. Cool stuff this week though-we got to remove the heart and lungs during lab then dissect them! Basically open heart surgery :). It gave me flashbacks of getting to go into lung transplants with Dr. Garcia...and I remembered how awesome I really thought it all was. That kinda made me smile, then the smell caught up with me. Maybe that's what put me in a bad mood. That and catching the stupid train like 3 times this week. Oh ya, and the post office keeps losing my mail. So see what I mean? I had a relatively normal week and nothing necessarily horrible happened, but I was just in a funk. Maybe it's a release that I've made it through these tests accompanied by the lack of sleep finally catching up to me and some little annoyances are finally starting to irritate me just enough. But this week is going to better...you want to know why?! Because LAYLA is coming to visit on Friday! Wa hoo! And I only have 1 test and 2 assignments due this week, and no meetings. The bad news though...I have to get my last HepB vaccine and my flu shot. BOOOO! I'll make sure to tell yall next week if I pass out or not. Keep your fingers crossed that we don't have to call the cardiac team from the ER again.

No comments:

Post a Comment