Sunday, January 30, 2011

NOT GONNA LIE...

I'm not even going to try to sugar coat this one-this week was pretty rough. The main thing school-wise was my Patho test. Yup, the first test of the semester was Patho, so I guess that just set the tone for the week. To add to it, I was stressing big-time over this test, and I still am not quite sure why. I've had this professor for this class last semester (this semester is just a continuation), so I knew what to expect. Then again, I always expect hard tests and curveballs with this professor. Maybe I was so stressed because I knew that I didn't have any excuse not to do well. Last semester I could have picked one of may excuses: I'm so overwhelmed I didn't have time to study as much as I could have, I didn't know what to expect, I'm still not sure how to study for this class, etc. But this semester, the blame was entirely on me if I couldn't get the grade I wanted. It didn't help that while Ryan was out of town, the dogs were apparently finding ways to make my life harder. This is a little snapshot of how my week was: So I'm studying for my Patho test on Tuesday, the day before the exam (so you can imagine my stress level...). I'm frustrated that I've been studying for this thing for a week and I still can't retain what I should be able to retain. Study, study, study, then my printer runs out of ink. The night before the test-when I need it most. So it's like 10 til 9 PM and the office supply place closes at 9. I cross my fingers and haul my little tail up there as quickly as I can. They don't have the less expensive, only black ink cartridge. I got to pay almost $50 for the stupid combo black/color combo cartridge. Whatever, at least I made it in time and they had something that would work. I get home (mind you, I've been gone 15 minutes), and the dogs have rummaged my backpack. The big dog is hiding in the closet because he knows he's in trouble and the little dog is having a spaz-attack in the living room because she got caught in the act. I'm seriously afraid she's going to start peeing everywhere because she's scared. They managed to spare my laptop and cords, books, and notes...they got a hold of the colorful stuff (i.e. pens, highlighters, plastic sandwich holder, etc.). And I've found the culprit...my pretty little white dog has the evidence all over her no-longer pristine paws. So I have to take care of this situation. Now I'm so wound up that it's hard to sit still and study for this test I don't even want to be studying for any more!! Arg. So I manage to study until about midnight, then put it away realizing it's just not getting any better. I try to go to sleep...I manage to fall asleep for like 0.2 seconds and have a bad dream. Ryan's out of town and the pups are passed out sleeping which leaves me by my lonesome, so you can imagine I couldn't go back to sleep. I must have been up til 3 AM or so, and my alarm is SUPPOSED to go off at 5:30. Yup, supposed to. But it didn't. And nobody was around as a secondary alarm. I wanted to leave the apartment that morning by 6:45 since my test was that morning, and I woke up to a beautiful sunrise around 7 AM. Freaking awesome. My classmates are lucky I managed to put on pants before I left in my frenzy. So now I haven't had time to review my notes one last time, I'm panicked, I'm pretty much mad at the world, and I'm sleep deprived...these only escalate my stress factor because I don't know how I can possibly do well on an exam under these conditions. Shoot me now, please. So that's fun, huh? My anxiety-fest continues because we couldn't get our grades that day because the grading machine for our tests was broken. Again, no sleep because I'm fretting. It was all okay in the end, as it always is. I even managed to get a higher grade on this exam than any Patho exam last semester. I've calmed down now and started studying for my next exam...Pharmacology. Not looking forward to this one, and I've never had this professor before, so I have almost no clue what to expect. I'll keep you posted...I'm just hoping this week runs a little smoother than last...

No comments:

Post a Comment