Friday, January 7, 2011

A GREAT START

So Week 1=success! Got most of my books without having a heart attack at the bookstore, got my student loans situated without any hiccups and/or being 2 weeks late, and even had time to get a massage! The cherry on top...we only had 2 days of class this week. This all makes me happy. So last time, I told yall that this semester is 2 weeks shorter, which was nice. But I found another little golden nugget of happiness-last semester we had something like 24 tests...this semester we only have 15. Now, granted, a few of the tests are worth a larger part of our grades, so that doesn't leave as much wiggle room. But this semester, the program seems to have a greater focus on written work, not just tests. I enjoy writing so this is a serious benefit to me! There is also a stronger focus on actually seeing patients, which is pretty much what the whole program is geared towards...so that's bueno, too. In short, this semester (and pretty much 2011 thus far...) is off to a very nice start. Plus, I've been able to pick up running again. That kinda got dropped in the chaos that was the first semester, so it's nice to get back into it. I count my blessings every day and know that I'm so blessed to be here doing what I'm doing with all these wonderful people! While I know that stress and challenge help build character and help me learn, it's also kinda nice to just have things go smoothly every once in a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment