Tuesday, August 9, 2011

ROUND 2

All right, here goes round 2 in Primary Care. This time, I'm kinda out in the boonies. And by kinda, I mean definitely. Population here is about 2200, and they don't have a single traffic light. I'm in clinic Monday thru Friday, plus I've been covering the ER some nights. My first weekend at this site, I worked Friday 5 PM til Sunday 8 AM in the ER...which is 39 hours straight. I thought that was a bit much, until I got to Wednesday of the next week and worked Wednesday 8 AM til Friday noon...which is 52 hours straight between the ER and clinic. Granted, I get to take a nap here or there while in the ER because it's not usually constantly busy, but yall know how much I love my 3-hour naps and my 9 hours of sleep every night! I'm having withdrawals! My first night in the ER started with a bang, too. I guess it's go big or go home! Everyone here has been super nice, and although it's primary care again, I'm seeing a whole different side of practice. I think especially one preceptor has really helped boost my confidence, too. It's been a learning experience just like my first primary care rotation, but it's been completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment