Saturday, August 20, 2011

ADVENTURES WITHIN THE ADVENTURE

First, my little sister started kindergarten on Thursday! I can't believe how quickly she is growing up!


So that was the main thing...this next one is just a funny, "typical Lauren" happening. So I finally had some time to myself on Friday, so I decided to go for a run. I haven't run in a solid 6 weeks...there's always been something stopping me. Whether it's personal stress, my 52-hour "shifts," the stupid heat, the move, or whatever else...always something. So I set out on my run and decide to go 2 miles; it's a good enough distance but still about half of what I was used to running-it's a good start. First of all, WHOA, I got seriously out of shape in those 6 weeks. That was brutal. Second, I acquired a friend in the form of a chihuahua. I carried him around for a while and asked anyone and everyone if it was their dog or if they would please take him...there was a busy street nearby and I didn't want him to get hurt. Third, I had a few run-ins with a certain goose by the pond. The first time, he jumped out and tried to ambush me. I did what any normal person would do, and I pointed my finger at him and told him no. Which obviously worked. I guess I don't speak goose after all. So he starts lowering his head and spreading out his wings and trying to bite me, so I stick my foot out so at least he gets my shoe instead of my leg...while still pointing at him and yelling no. Again, this is working terribly well. Dang, where did I put that chihuahua? So I try to just go around him and continue my run, when the little devil starts chasing me and honking at me. Now, you all know I wouldn't purposely hurt any animal for no reason, but this was do or die, so I gave him a little flick in the chest with my foot. He made a really weird noise/honk and ran away. I got to the end of the trail and turned around to head home...the danged goose is back! He tries to ambush me again! I took a different approach this time and yelled mean insults at him...he yelled/honked back, but he didn't chase me. So note to self-if a goose attacks you, call him names and say mean things to him and he will stop. No need to tell him "no" or to try to defend yourself...and that's how you speak goose :). So my 2 mile run which should have taken about 20 minutes turned into a 45 minute run/try to find a dog a home/defend myself against the evil goose adventure. Maybe I'll stay in tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment