Saturday, February 19, 2011

WHERE AM I? WHAT DAY IS IT?

There is no softening the blow on this one; week 7 kicked my butt. If it weren't for technology, I would not have known what day it was or where I was supposed to be and when. Monday was Valentine's day, but Ryan and I celebrated over the weekend by going to this yummy hibachi place nearby. Everyone at school was more enthusiastic about Valentine's day than I'm used to, but it was sweet. Tuesday, we had an extra morning class, so we had to be at school by 8 AM instead of the usual 1 PM...talk about jacking with my sleep schedule! And let's not forget to mention that I was in the hospital seeing patients until 7 or so, then I got to come home and keep cramming for the impending Patho test. Wednesday held our second Patho exam of the semester and what I'm pretty sure was the hardest exam he gives...ever...in any class or any year. It was renal, renal dysfunction, and pediatrics renal plus endocrine and endocrine dysfunction. Either of those could have easily had its own test, so the amount of material to study was just unbelievable. I did fine on the test, so I just counted my blessings and continued on my merry little way-don't look a gift horse in the mouth, right? Do you think I got any more sleep Wednesday night? Nope. I had to finish my patient write-up stuff from the hospital on Tuesday, which only took like 4 hours per patient. I attempted to sleep that night, but my body still thought we needed to run off minimal sleep, so it didn't cut me any slack. Thursday, I was a zombie. We were in class until 5, it takes me an hour to get home, Ryan and I ate dinner, and then I went to bed. I slept for over 10 hours that night, only because my alarm woke me up on Friday morning. I could have easily slept right through class, but Friday was Melanie's birthday, so of course we had to go have some fun! So Friday was class, lunch with the girls, came home and showered, Ryan and I went to Costco and dinner, then back to the island to surprise Melanie with a scavenger hunt! Great idea, Heather! We got in sometime after 1 AM, and I had a Surgical Society suture clinic at school this morning. That ran until 12:30 or so (Yes, needles were involved and no, I did not hurt myself! It was actually a really great experience.), and I get to spend the rest of the day studying EKGs! Wa hoo! Try not to be too envious now. Why, you ask? Because my exam on Monday that covers EKGs is worth HALF of my grade in that class. Then Tuesday, we have another exam in Pharmacology over medications relating to cardiovascular function-that's a pretty narrow window, huh?! (insert sarcasm) Sleep, who needs sleep? Apparently not me. :) Ah, the good life...

No comments:

Post a Comment