Saturday, February 26, 2011

BRIGHTER DAYS AHEAD? PLEASE?

So I thought Week 7 kicked my butt, but Week 7 was child's play compared to Week 8. Monday was the EKG exam worth half my grade in the class. Have you ever read an EKG? Squiggles, squiggles, squiggles. I had nightmares about seeing stinking squiggles and the little, tiny boxes that I can barely see half the time on the paper which are pretty important. I studied all weekend reading EKG books, looking at practice EKGs online, and nailing down the criteria for various disorders. I wasn't entirely confident, because after all, it still looks like a bunch of squiggles, but I felt like I had a very loose grasp on the basic concepts-enough to not look like an idiot on rotations. Not bad for being introduced to EKGs five weeks ago. Some people take entire courses on EKGs, so I didn't think my progress was all too shabby. Let's say the test was a bit of a humbling experience, and the entire class felt the same way. Nobody turned in the test before time was up, and that says a lot. We have yet to get grades back...which is probably good. I'm not sure I'm emotionally prepared for that. That in itself was bad, but then I was so beaten, mad, tired, etc. from this test, that I couldn't study for my Pharm test the next day. Every time I started to study, I'd just get distracted and more mad, which in turn, made me even more mad. Evil circle of madness. So needless to say, that test could have also gone better. Arg. I had a nice little cushion from the first test, and I still have 3 more Pharm tests to even out my grade, so I'm not worried, but anyone who knows me knows that I don't like it when I don't do my best. And I basically didn't have an excuse, which only made me more mad at myself. Wednesday was fine, but I was still tired (and mad). Thursday was long and nothing seemed to follow schedule. Friday was glorious because it was Friday. We had an early class, but then I went to breakfast with the girls, which was a perfect start to the weekend. The best part-no tests next week! I just have to keep telling myself...2 weeks, then it will be spring break. I've made it this far, so surely I can tough out 2 weeks, right? I'm gonna have gray hair and wrinkles when I'm done with this program-add that to the sleep deprivation and loss of proper social skills I've already got going...

No comments:

Post a Comment