Sunday, January 29, 2012

CARDIOLOGY. DONE.

I'll admit that I was super anxious headed into this rotation. Probably more anxious than any rotation except ER, that one was kinda scary too. But I can barely believe that it's actually my last week here! And I must say that I have quite enjoyed it. They have given me some great independence, which I enjoy, but this has also tested my knowledge and skills. I've had the joy of meeting lots of wonderful practitioners from various fields, and learning from them as well as my preceptors. My preceptors have all been fantastic to work with. They are kind, patient, and always available when I have a question or concern. The patients have been dynamic and each one presents to me a different set of circumstances to consider. I may not have learned as much about cardiology in particular as I might have if I had stayed in clinic all the time, but this rotation has taught me more about medicine in general, cardiology included, addressing a variety of disease processes, and has tested me as an independent provider. It has really been a great rotation and one that I am thankful I got placed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment