Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?!

We have been working really hard at school lately on some very practical stuff, so I've started to go a little looney again. As I started to tell you in the last post, we have been working a lot on our research project. We finally finished our proposal including some serious review and editing-HUGE thanks to our mentor Holly West on help getting that into working order. We should have our IRB forms completed and submitted by the end of next week, which is actually exciting for us research geeks! In addition to the stuff I mentioned in the previous post, I spent some quality time working on my suture skills. I now have my very own suture kit! That's right, next time I get into a fight with a sharp object, Ryan doesn't even have to take me to the ER! I could totally suture myself right up if it weren't for that "I pass out with needles" thing. I got to go to clinic last week, which is always nice. It always brings me back home to why I'm working so hard right now. So it's just been an assortment of stuff to do each day and a different schedule that changes literally by the minute, but I'm loving it all! You know I love a little chaos... We start finals next week and take a practice exam for our licensure certification! EEK! I have to admit, I'm a bit freaked out about that. Week after next is the rest of our finals and presenting our research proposals to the faculty. Presenting isn't the hard part; defending your study and fielding the questions will be the "fun" part... Time is just flying by! I emailed my preceptor today to get the necessary info for my first clinical rotation. I told you-I'm a big kid, now! I can't believe it's less than a month away. I'm looking forward to all the hands-on experience and getting exposed to the different areas of medicine I could practice in one day. Let the adventure continue...
Oh, on a random note...my study group got a little distracted one day and assigned each of us characters from FRIENDS. They gave me Phoebe. They said it was because I'm independent and always have something unexpected to say...I think that's code for I walk to the beat of my own, unique drum! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment