Friday, April 22, 2011

TRIALS & TRIBULATIONS

So I guess God read the blog last week and saw that I had an easy week...He never lets me get terribly complacent with things going easily. I keep telling myself that it's His way of molding me and helping me grow, but sometimes it's down-right hard! So last weekend, I was all ready to get prep'd for my Pharm final this week. I'd gotten all my materials together on Saturday and planned on dedicating Sunday to making some charts to study all the classes of medications and really getting some solid studying done. Well...change of plans. Instead, I got an awesome migraine, which really killed any reading I'd had planned. So I popped some medicine and was forced to bed until the migraine resolved. The migraine told the medicine "NO!" and instead made me miserably nauseated. Fun new symptom, I also couldn't seem to maintain my body temperature. It would go down to about 97, then up to a fever...back down to 96.4 or so...and back up. So I was dressed like an eskimo buried under 3 blankets and a layer of pillows as I lay miserably in bed unable to hold down any medication or otherwise that might have helped. This went on for the rest of the day and night. Monday morning, I drug myself out of bed (not that I'd slept or anything...), forced down some Excedrin migraine (because the prescription stuff makes me super sleepy, and I couldn't miss my 8 AM class) holding on to some glimmer of hope that I wouldn't see it again, and somehow made it to Walgreens to purchase a variety of things to help with the nausea. I made it to class and back home to my bed without anything too exciting except that I was mentally absent for class, and promptly took the good stuff to get rid of the headache. Like I said, it makes me sleepy, so I was out for the rest of the day and night. I managed to keep down a grilled cheese, a few sips of water, and a popsicle. Popsicles are great for nausea...did you know that? My chemo patients taught me that. Fun side note-Pharm final is tomorrow and I haven't studied. Of course, it all ended up going just fine because God doesn't give me more than I can handle. Some serious last-minute cramming, my best friend Red Bull, and a few tricks from the med students, and I got my A on the final. But hey, it wasn't easy!!
I found a FLEA on my dog, so Wednesday was spent doing anything and everything possible to kill fleas within a sight's distance. I have no sympathy when it comes to fleas. You bite my dog, you die. I hate fleas! My dogs have never had a flea and they're 7 years old! But after talking to a few people around here, I discovered that apparently this region has an issue with fleas once spring hits. Seeing as this is our first spring here, and we weren't notified of this when we got here...we were kinda caught with our pants down. Well that ship has sailed, and we are now armed and ready. There are no more fleas in sight and I hope they've all been warned to stay away! Or else...
Then, there was Thursday...Not only did I have a quiz at school, but someone also knocked on Ryan's window at a stop-light to notify him that all of his brake lights had gone out. When all of your lights go out at once, it's not a fuse and it's not a bulb, which means, it's not gonna be a cheap fix. So I spent today at the car shop with the truck finding out exactly how much it costs to have brake lights. It's really sad, but they remembered me from when Explorer was brought/towed in about a week ago because the battery terminals were too corroded and we couldn't get the battery out to replace it. Yay, happy weekend to me! :/
So as you can see, it was a bit of a rough week, but now, it's Easter weekend! And that's certainly something that shifts my focus-when it's all said and done, I'm still so very blessed! There's always something to be thankful for. I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend, and remember why we celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment