Friday, March 11, 2011

"HELL WEEK"

Yes, even our professors referred to this past week as "Hell Week," and it lived up to its name. My brain still hurts just thinking about what all went on this week. I had flashbacks to first semester, and it started making me twitch. Here's a brief rundown:
Friday: optimistic...not sure where this came from...but I'll take it! Start studying. I think I can!
Saturday: started feeling the pressure; studied all day-never left the apartment but didn't realize that one until Monday. Getting tired. I think I can?
Sunday: Study, study, study. Getting more tired and bored with the view from my office; ventured out to the grocery store with Ry=field trip! Uh oh...optimism waning...
Monday: optimism gone, replaced with being overwhelmed; getting less sleep each night...
Tuesday: TIRED; enter Red Bull. Test 1 completed. Not one of my shining moments, but I'll take the success.
Wednesday: working on about 4 hours of sleep...more Red Bull. Confused by Test 2, but another success nonetheless. Emotional roller coaster since we got rotation schedules today. More on that later. Excuse me, have you seen my motivation? It has run away from me. If you see it please ask it to come back.
Thursday: beyond overwhelmed, palpitations, still sleep deprived as body is getting used to not sleeping for more than 4 hours and supplementing with Red Bull. Enter apathy, but my version of apathy is: I am only staying up until 11:30 PM tonight to study, and I'll try to sleep in until 5 AM. Take that, tests! I will show you with my 5 awesome hours of sleep!
Today: nothing makes sense any more. I called my mom, but couldn't remember why. More red bull to stay awake for Test 3 and make it home. Test 3 biggest accomplishment of the week...somehow-still not sure how. Good news is that I made it home safely and now it's SPRING BREAK! I'd love to nap, but my body is telling me no...hope to remedy this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment