Monday, March 28, 2011

GO, EXPLORER, GO!

Oh, my little explorer. You just never know what's going to happen next with that thing. For those of you who may not be aware, my little indestructible tank is a 1999 Ford Explorer with about 165K miles on it right now. We have been through lots together, including many moves, a flood, and anything the dogs, horses, or Ryan could throw at us. I glanced at it the other day out my window and noticed something funny on one of the front tires, so I went out to check it out. Apparently, it was the wire-mesh stuff that's beneath the primary rubber on the tires. Ooops. So I check out the wear patterns on all the tires, and am not terribly pleased with what I see. I go get out my warranty from when I last purchased tires for Explorer and found something interesting: they were purchased in 2005 and were guaranteed 40,000 mile tires. Hmmm...that was 6 years and 75,000 miles ago! WHAT?! I do believe it was time for new tires. So I goto the tire store, and I tell the guy that I want to see if I need new tires...like, if I get a flat, can you patch it up and fix it? (knowing the answer...but I kinda had to play with the serious tire people) The guy about fell out. So ya, Explorer finally got some new, well-deserved shoes! And I had my fun for the day with the poor people at the tire store.

No comments:

Post a Comment