Sunday, November 7, 2010

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT...

Ok, so remember my "I.AM.SO.TIRED" post? Did you know that it gets even worse!? I didn't, but now, I do. I couldn't believe that I seriously reached a new level of tired this week that I didn't even think was possible. And I've got this disgusting, eerie feeling that it only gets worse until December 10. The good news is that this was week 10 of 15, so I've made it 2/3 the way of the first semester, ya hoo! The bad news is that over the next 22 days of school, I have 13 exams. Seriously, I think they're trying to kill me or send me to the looney bin! And that doesn't count any other assignments, presentations, or the White Coat ceremony where all of my and Ryan's family will be in town. We have heard that if we can make it through this semester, next semester is better, and clinical rotations are after that. It's also good that all the professors seem to understand/expect that we have completely lost our marbles and are beyond sleep deprived. That doesn't mean that they make the exams any easier, but at least they can laugh with us when we show "our true colors." They took a poll this week and asked us questions like "Do you feel that your exam grade does not reflect the amount of time you dedicate to studying," "Do you feel like you've lost touch with family, friends, and the rest of the world," and "Do you feel overwhelmed?" I think we all said yes for just about every question. Then again, if I didn't feel this way, something would probably be wrong. If this didn't overwhelm me and push me to my limits, I'm not sure that would be a normal response. In other words, I've lost my marbles and I'm (temporarily) proud of it! Poor Ryan...yall need to say some serious prayers for that guy for putting up with all of this. And who needs sleep anyways? I can sleep through December, except Christmas. On that note, I'm going to go load up on some caffeine and study for my next exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment