Sunday, November 7, 2010

FINALLY!

Ok, so remember when we moved here back in AUGUST and I promised to post pictures of our new digs? Well, now that it's November, I figured I'd finally make good on the promise. This is the smallest apartment we've ever had, but I think we've done pretty nicely with it. I still think that the hardwood floors, nice kitchen appliances, and trash pickup make up somewhat for the size. :) Needless to say, we're barely ever here so it's safe and fits our needs 100 percent. Plus, I finally got my palm tree!

Here's the bedroom. Hey Sue, does the bed set look familiar? She got it for us one year for Christmas. And the bed came from my mom. This way, we still have a bed with sheets set up for us when we come back to DFW to visit.

Here's my office/sunroom. This part worked out perfectly, and the fuzzy kids can nap on the couch right next to me as I study.
Another view of my office-see, I really do use it! Please take note of the awesome palm tree right outside my window. :) And yes, that's an exercise ball. I sit on it when I'm getting bored studying to help keep me awake. This is also the desk where I keep my stash of chocolate to bribe me to stay put.
Our tiny kitchen! Isn't it cute? For those of you that know me really well, this probably doesn't surprise you. What might surprise you is that we actually use it; I didn't use the cabinets and drawers for extra closet space. Also surprisingly, Ryan let me bring the knife set! He wasn't going to let me after my accident and ER visit in Austin, but he got tired of cooking and cutting meat with regular dinner knives.
Here's the living room-obviously. Couch + TV = Ryan happy.
This is the view when you walk in. It's cozy, huh? But it's where we call home until I find out where my rotations are next year. Then, we might just be on the move again. Hey, at least we've gotten rather efficient with this whole moving thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment