Sunday, September 26, 2010

STILL KICKIN'...

Well hallelujiah! I'm still kickin over here! Last week was disgustingly stressful, but I made it. I did about as well as expected on my first test (Clin Med), and to my surprise, better than expected on my second test (Pathophys). And of course, this was only exacerbated by intermixed projects, homework, and working on my physical diagnosis which is an ongoing project. I nearly got beaten up by a few friends because I got 6 hours of sleep one night. To put this in perspective, they were upset because they only got 2-3 hours of sleep. Apparently I got to go to sleep somewhere around midnight, and that was unacceptable. We're a sad bunch, huh? It's amazing how you can learn to function on less sleep (and more caffeine) when it's just absolutely necessary. I used to be that person that "required" like 9 hours of sleep every night...PA school successfully shot that nasty little habit for me. I was reminiscing the other day...when I first got here, I couldn't wait for the next day! Oh yeah, I also had time for sleep and TV-yet another habit PA school has so kindly killed off for me. But the days seemed comparable to when I was working. Then, the pace picked up a bit. I was busy, but it was all manageable. Days (and weeks) started going by quicker and quicker...Now, I'm to the point where days literally come and go while I'm burried in my books. I can seriously look at my clock and have an "Oh crap, it's already tomorrow!" moment in the midst of studying. Sad thing is, I keep studying as if I hadn't noticed anything at all. Days are starting to blend together, and if it weren't for my planner and phone telling me where to go and what to do every day, I might just not get out of bed! I wouldn't know what to do once I got up! I can honestly say that this is officially the craziest thing I've ever done, but I can also say that it makes me happy :). Chaos and all, I'm still thrilled and so blessed to be here and be doing this. Here's to high hopes for week 5 in my sights...yup, week 5 is already here. Do you know what that means? Our semesters are 15 weeks long, so completing this week gets me 1/3 through my first semester! I'll keep up the hard work (and praying...) and yall keep up the prayers for me, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment