Sunday, September 19, 2010

REALLY? WEEK 3 IS ALREADY GONE?

Ya, so Week 3 flew by! I can hardly believe that this week is going to be our first round of tests. EEK! To summarize what I've been through so far...Orientation was everything you'd expect it to be. Week 1 scared me. Week 2, I finally thought I was getting a groove. Week 3, everything I knew up til this point really just went out the window. I have no groove, I had no groove, and I don't expect to get one. This whole program will definitely by "fly by the seat of your pants" and a lesson in flexibility. The things I was scared of in Week 1 seem SO trivial now, and I have a whole new set of things to be scared of that will probably seem trivial in 3 more weeks. And oh ya, I think I've lost my marbles. If not, I'll be consistently losing them from here on out. Apparently that's normal and everyone else is also losing or has already lost their marbles...so my professors tell me. So this week I spent coming to terms with all that. I've entered this new state...I call it tranquil delirium. I'm here, I'm happy, and I'm certainly moving along at pace...but sometimes...well, ya just never know. :) Lindsay prefers the phrase "getting hit with a very informative freight train." It's great and we are really learning SO much, but it's still that getting hit with a freight train feeling.
My big accomplishment for the week was my first blood draw! Yay! It was my first attempt, and I nailed it! For those of you wondering, no, I did not have my usual adverse reaction to needles. Apparently that's only when I'm the one being stuck. I'm so excited and was so proud of myself! Thanks, Erik for being my pin-cushion!
I guess that's about it for now. If you don't hear from me in a week or so, you can most likely blame my Clin Med and Pathophys exams this week and my Physical Diagnosis exam check off. If you don't hear from me in 2 weeks or so, you may want to call Ryan and check in with him, as I probably won't be up for talking about how it went! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment