Friday, September 14, 2012

VEGAS BABY!

In celebration of graduation, we snuck off to Vegas for a few days! Oh yeah, Ryan had a PGA conference there, too. I know what you're thinking, but we were well behaved! Yes, we had fun, but not "too much." And the best part, Tim and Layla joined us! We helped Layla celebrate her 34th birthday.
Monday: We traveled, warmed up the slot machines, then had drinks at Senor Frogs while we watched the Treasure Island show. Our bartender was awesome and we got to know the manager, too.
Tuesday: shopping up and down the strip all day, exploring the different hotels, some sparse slot-playing (but Ryan did find a niche with a certain Ghostbuster's slot machine...), then drinks at Margaritaville to celebrate Layla's birthday!!
Wednesday: Lunch with Emeril Lagasse, dinner with Gordon Ramsay. Vegas is delicious! There was also a trip to the shops at Caesar's :) Riddle for you, when does it rain in the desert? Answer: when Ryan and Lauren go to the desert. They got 1-2 inches, and you'd have thought it was a hurricane. There was awful flooding everywhere! It was a mess to say the least. And it definitely killed our day at the pool, but oh well. That evening, we saw a Cirque du Soleil show...our first. It was amazing! So cool! Definitely worth the price. We actually got first row tickets...it was just awesome. Ryan even got drug into the show!
Thursday: I found the roulette table. I did not want to leave the roulette table-the roulette table liked me too! But it was time to come home...back to reality and the fuzzy circus :)
It was a blast, but it was good to come home! Thanks, Tim and Layla for joining us!
Here we are, getting ready to head out! I hadn't thought about it, but I realize now that I was wearing beer tshirt! At least it was about appropriate.
 Dinner at Gordon Ramsay's...it was delicious! Very good, but not sure I'd go back. It's just one of those "say I did it" things for me, I guess. The service was absolutely impeccable!
 Layla and I getting a little handsy with Tim's chair. Waiting on him to realize what was going on...
 Ryan got to meet Hank Haney at his PGA convention! Probably his highlight of the trip.
 Layla's birthday balloon hat from the stilt-walking guys at Margaritaville...you have to admit, that's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment