Friday, September 14, 2012

(PSEUDO)GRADUATION!

Well believe it or not, graduation day is actually here! Interviews were back in February 2010, and it has been a whirl wind since. I'm so glad I was led to this school and to this program; and I'm glad I/we had the faith to go for it! It wasn't easy uprooting (again), leaving a job I loved, asking Ryan to move, etc...not to mention the extreme workload and chaotic rotations. But looking back, I wouldn't have it any other way :) I cannot thank you enough to everyone that supported us along the way...your support means the world to us!
Now, you may ask why the title has the word "pseudo" in it. With good reason. Pseudo technically means false, and that is about accurate for our graduation. Yes, we invited friends and family, donned the cap and gown, etc and walked across the stage, but we haven't actually finished classes. We have 2 classes through October (a board review type class, and a class to wrap up Master's projects), then our official diplomas will be awarded in December. Odd, yes. I'm fully aware. And I should probably leave it at that before we get going on another soap box moment.
And on that note...PICTURES!!!
Me with chairman Dr Rahr. I love this photo because it reminds me that I've come full circle...he interviewed me back in 2010. Thanks for taking a chance on me!
 The gang (minus Melanie): Rachel, Heather, Me, Lindsay, and Bailey
 The Baileys Clan!
 The Hubs <3
 The Miller Clan!
 We tracked down Melanie!
 Me with Lindsay at dinner
 Look, I'm graduating with my Master's degree!
 This is as rowdy as we get...balloons.
 Hey, aren't we official!?
 Mel!
 This is what happens when they give us hoods (i.e...capes!)
 And yet another way to accessorize...
 Me with Julie, our class President (And she's from Wisco!) She has done a fabulous job.
 The Other Miller! Me and Ansley...we make Miller look GOOD! lol
 We found Melanie, but lost Heather... It's like herding cats around here...

No comments:

Post a Comment