Tuesday, May 29, 2012

HI HO, HI HO, OFF TO NAC I GO

All right, well I've gotten settled in here in Nacogdoches, and even survived 2 weeks in Pediatrics. I know, believe it or not, me with children...it hasn't been as rough as I was expecting. Some of that probably has to do with my awesome preceptor and the great staff here. It's a little clinic with one doc, two nurses, an office manager, and a receptionist. They run quite the operation and we stay moving during the day, but the environment is super relaxed. My preceptor is fun and approachable, so that really eased a lot of my anxiety. But don't get me wrong, we do work around here and I've learned a lot! As for Nac and Lufkin...it's different here than what I'm used to, but that's not particularly a bad thing. The pace is slower, everything is on a smaller scale, and most of the people are really nice. The drives can be kinda pretty, too. The downsides here, I'm living in a hotel (i.e. not seeing my family/husband at all during the week) and driving the wheels off my poor little tank. I've got a few classmates in the area, so we hit the gym or have dinner together...anything to keep me sane! Can you imagine how lonely this would be for 6 weeks all by myself?! No thanks. I've also got some family here, a good friend from high school, and one of my best friends just up the road in Tyler. It's already flying by, and I can hardly believe this is my LAST rotation! And for those of you who have been asking, here is the rundown: rotations wrap up June 21, then I have one class in Galveston until graduation August 17. Yes, GRADUATION. There's a light at the end of the tunnel! Then I'll have a few wrap-up classes in Galveston through October 26. I'll probably take boards sometime in November, and start working...well...who knows when. We aren't there yet ;).
Ryan started a new job up in Keller! I am so happy for him! He started that the same day I started here in Nac, so we have both been adjusting. He really seems to be enjoying it. It's only 5 minutes away from the house, and the best part is that it's back in DFW. We had a goal of being back by the end of the year, and things are shaping up well so far :).
My little sister Aimee graduated Kindergarten! My goodness, she's growing up so fast. They had the cutest little graduation ceremony at school! She is doing so well and we are just so proud of her.
I'll try to get some pics up soon. Hope everyone had a fun, safe Memorial Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment