Saturday, December 3, 2011

A LITTLE CHAOS

We always have a little chaos around here-things would be boring if we didn't! So the week before last was spent on last-minute arrangements for Thanksgiving. Food, finishing decorating the house, and never-ending errands. My parents came to town Wednesday, we had everyone here on Thursday, and Friday was a recovery day. The weekend was dedicated to wrapping up some school work...and a little more recovery from Thanksgiving. Last week, I finished my 13-page paper on gallstones, in addition to my presentation on stroke, and finished my book on oncology from MD Anderson. Monday was rough going back to work-that alarm came WAY too early. Tuesday, Heather got into a car wreck. A 5-car pileup to be specific. She is ok, but having to deal with repairs and insurance. We decided Christmas tree shopping that night would cheer her up. Did you know that palm trees are 75% off at the Christmas tree store? Lauren likes 75% off palm trees :) Wednesday, Heather had a small mental breakdown/impulse buy that I'm attributing to stress from her car wreck and our impending exams, and she brought home a puppy. A little 8-week old yellow lab/Australian shepherd mix. She's adorable, but a puppy nonetheless and keeping us all on our toes. The dogs are slowly getting used to her, and we still have yet to name her. Jason left on Thursday for work and won't be home until Sunday. Today, I've spent running around like a crazy person, but feel like I've gotten nothing accomplished :/ Tomorrow begins the 4-day stretch of cramming for my 3 exams coming up this week (not that it will do me much good as they are basically comprehensive from all of PA school), then I leave for Austin straight from my tests for basically a 24-hour visit. Like they say, I've got places to go and people to see, I can sleep some other time! I'm blessed to know that God thinks I can handle this much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment