Sunday, October 30, 2011

UPS AND DOWNS

My mom called me on Tuesday and had to give me some terrible news. I was already tired from a long day at work and knew I had 3 more shifts before my week was over, so I probably took it worse that I would have normally. She had to tell me that my cat back home, Scooter, had been viciously attacked and killed by a few stray dogs that morning. They had also killed other cats in the neighborhood and threatened to attack some of the people. I was, and still am, extremely upset about the situation, so please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers. We found out today that the dogs were captured and taken to the local pound, which helped provide some closure; I just hope they won't be allowed access to hurt any people or any other animals.
As if my day hadn't already been physically, mentally, and emotionally draining, Ryan called on his way home from work to let me know that he was bringing home a kitten. Apparently he went out to his truck and found this little guy trying to find a safe, warm spot to sleep, then he followed Ryan around crying to him. He said he wouldn't normally bring home random cats, but this one was really little and we would be getting a cold front that night-he didn't think he'd survive outside alone without any other kittens or a mama cat. So...we got another kitten. And little he is...the vet estimated 4 weeks old and he weighed in at a whopping 3/4 of a pound. He was a bit scraggly looking at first, but he has cleaned up nicely and started putting on a little weight. He's really coming into his own now! He is playing, getting along with the pups and Tigger, and he has this eating thing down. Mav just loves him, Goosey hates him, and Tigger will finally go within a 5 foot radius of him. Everyone, meet Cheeto!
He looks innocent...but he can be a little firecracker!
Goosey is still mad that we have a new kitten. This is one of her ways of expressing how mad she is.
He's already a Packer's fan!
Apparently, he is Mav's kitty. They get along surprisingly well.
My first picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment