Tuesday, March 27, 2012

CURVEBALL

We got some unexpected, sad news this past Sunday. We found out that my Grandma Baileys passed away. Yes, she was suffering from dementia, but otherwise was in pretty good condition, especially for 87 years old. The nursing home said that she experienced respiratory distress/failure. A death in the family isn't easy though, whether it's expected or not. This also stirred up emotions since my Grandma Hill passed away just over a year ago. It got really difficult when I had to call the vet on Monday to cancel Mav's appointment with an oncologist because we will be out of town for Grandma's funeral. When Grandma Hill passed away, we were all sad, but also grateful that she wasn't suffering from the cancer any longer. I'm trying to see that side of my Grandma Baileys' passing, too, but it's proving to be more difficult. Please pray for me and for my family during this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment