Sunday, May 8, 2011

FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE

Well, Great Syndromes is over, and it went out with a bang of a final (keep in mind the final is worth 2/3 the total grade in this course!). The class itself was really not bad at all, I rather enjoyed it! Working with the med students was nice because I was working with some of the best med students ever! Other groups weren't as lucky, but my group was just awesome. A few lectures and a project here and there...it all added up to about three weeks of not being terribly stressed, then one week of panicking over the final. When you go into the class, everyone knows that it's the final that gets you-we are all forewarned. I could have studied all I wanted, but I'm not convinced that it would have helped. There was the usual: stress, progressively less sleep, and progressively more Red Bull. It was just a hard and long comprehensive final. It's entirely put together by the med school, so it's also different than we're used to. We don't know our grades yet, and probably won't for a while-that is why I say "for better or for worse." The good news is that it's over and we're moving on to our last classes of the didactic year. The bad news is...that it's over, and there's no going back, regardless of how I did on that stinkin test. At least we are all in the same boat! Time to move on...the next 6 weeks will be a bunch of hands-on stuff, a course to help prepare us for clinicals, and getting our research projects off the ground-now that's exciting! Seriously, this is "big kid" stuff now...

No comments:

Post a Comment